- Fire Protection: 90 minutes at 1680°F.
- 3/8" Exterior Steel Door Plate Thickness
- 3/4" Door Edge Steel Thickness
- 7 Gauge (3/16") Exterior Steel Wall Thickness
- 12 Gauge (7/64”) Interior Steel Liner Thickness
- Exterior Size Options:
- 66’’h x 37”w x 27’’d
- 72’’h x 41”w x 27’’d
- Note: Add 3" to Depth for Handles
- Main Door: Eight-Way Bolt Work - Horizontal, Vertical and 4 Corners
- 20 - Active Locking Bolts:
- 16 - 1-3/4" Diameter Chrome Plated Locking Bolts
- Plus 4 - Chrome Plated Corner Locking Bolts
- Upper Compartment Doors: Four-Way Bolt Work
- 6 – Active 1-3/4" Diameter Chrome Plated Locking Bolts
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on damage to Safe and Lock due to Unlawfully Attempted Theft or Fire (contents excluded)*
- Ultra-Smooth Gear Driven Locking Mechanism
- Triple-Step Door Design to Improve Door Strength and Increase Rigidity
- 3 Electronic locks
- 5-Spoke Deluxe Handle – Main Door
- Drop Handles – Upper Compartment Doors
- Reinforced Center Mullions between all Doors
- 6 Pre-Cut Anchor Holes with Anchor Bolts Included
- Door Organizer Included on main door
- Fully Carpeted Interior - Ceiling, Floor and Walls
- Triple Palusol Intumescent Expanding Fire Seals Door Seals to Protect Against Fire and Smoke
- Heavy-duty Welded External Hinges
- Fully Continuous Welded Steel Body
- Bolt Detent System prevents bolt movement when the safe’s door is open
- Anti-Pry Tabs resisting Pry Attacks to Locking Bolts
- Dual Relockers
- Triple 10 Gauge AR500 Hard Plate for Drill Attack Resistance to Lock
- Interior LED Lighting
- AC Power Supply Outlet with USB Ports
- Rolled Form Composite Door and Body Design for added Strength
- Touch-up paint included
More from this collection
Shipping and Returns
All orders over $199, and having a weight less than 150 pounds, ship for free within the continental United States via standard UPS ground, FedEx ground, USPS, Truck or Common Carrier. Orders to Alaska and Canada are shipped using UPS ground services*. You can select other UPS options including next day, two day and three-day services. Charges for expedited or premium delivery services will be added to your order and prepaid. Expedited or premium charges are not refundable. All shipments include carrier insurance to guarantee acceptable delivery. Hawaii and Alaska, as well as all other worldwide shipments outside of the continental USA, do not qualify for free shipping. For shipments to Hawaii, Alaska, the US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico your order will ship by available services from either USPS, UPS or FEDEX. Shipping charges will be added to your order and prepaid. All other worldwide orders outside the continental USA will ship by UPS International and charges will be added to your order and prepaid.
For shipping charges on orders less than $200, please add the product(s) to your cart and enter your zip code. The following are typical shipping charges:
UPS Ground Shipping charges: UPS Ground Orders* under $200 start at $5.99 and UPS Ground Orders within the continental USA over $200 are shipped for free.
*some restrictions may apply. Please contact us by phone at 561-334-3778 or via email at email@example.com for details if you have any questions.
Every shipment method we use is trackable and insured. Below is a list of our shipment methods and their estimated shipping times. All shipment times are shown in business days, Monday through Friday. Shipping days do not include weekends and holidays.
We ship by UPS, FedEx, USPS or other Truck and/or Common Carriers that provides insurance and tracking. Shipments require a signature at the time of delivery. Shipping times vary as follows:
- Standard Ground Shipping: 2 to 7 business days.
- Second Day Air: Shipment time is 2 business days. The day following the ship day is the first day. For example, an item that ships on Friday (not counting Saturday or Sunday) should arrive on Tuesday.
- Next Day Air: Shipment time is 1 business day. An item should be delivered the following business day if the carrier receives that item prior to their daily cut-off time. Carrier cut-off times vary by carrier.
PLEASE NOTE: When choosing either Second Day or Next Day Air, the products need time to be picked, packed and shipped. Your order must be placed before 3 PM Eastern Time.
Truck or Common Carrier Shipments
(Often referred to as “Freight” or "LTL" Shipments)
Truck, LTL and/or Common Carrier shipments are reserved for large, heavy, or oversized items such as Safes or Multiple-Case Orders. Such products or items are palletized and loaded onto a large truck for shipment and delivered by a scheduled appointment and delivered by truck having a lift-gate for Curbside Service. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to bring the freight up any drive path, inside a store, building, home, garage, or into the final destination. Depending on the weight of the safe you may want to arrange for additional help to bring the safe inside. Please contact us before the item ships if you live on a rural route, area not serviced by freight carriers, or on an Island. Drivers do not assist with un-packaging, inspecting, or any set-up with curbside delivery. If you have a narrow, steep, or inaccessible driveway for an 18 wheel truck and trailer, you will need to upgrade to a higher level of service (generally delivered on a 26' liftgate truck). If inaccessible by a 26' truck or larger, please call us for further options. There are many. Additionally, debris removal (boxes, cartons, packing materials, etc.) is not included with your purchase, and in-Office or in-Home Installation is NOT included with your purchase unless arrangements have been made for those services, notice of such special services are noted on your invoice and the cost of those services have been prepaid. This shipping total is added to your invoice automatically at checkout. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact one of our customer support team at 561-334-3778. We have a vast amount of experience and can assist to make your purchase trouble-free and satisfactory.
Note: Freight companies will call the customer to schedule a delivery appointment. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect all merchandise prior to the carrier’s departure from the delivery location. If, after opening the shipping carton, the merchandise appears to have been damaged during shipping, please note the damage(s) or imperfection(s) on the freight bill and REFUSE the shipment immediately. This will assist with a quicker return, replacement or refund request. Please contact our customer support team at 561-334-3778 immediately upon damages or imperfections found within an inspection. You should ALWAYS refuse shipment immediately if you notice something damaged, this assists to avoid costly shipping charges to you and fast turnaround times for a potential replacement. In case of refusal of shipment – the safe or palletized cartons will remain on the delivery truck and will be sent back to our facility. If your delivery has been refused due to damage please contact one of our customer service representatives at 561-334-3778 within 24 hours of attempted delivery. A representative will initiate a new order.
*** Products will NOT be delivered without a signature *** NO EXCEPTIONS ***
Shipment transit time is usually 4 to 9 business days. Shipment times are estimates. Remote shipping destinations, shipments during holiday seasons and in cases of extreme weather may exceed the estimated shipment times.
Can I upgrade Truck or Common Carrier delivery to a higher level of service?
Yes. We understand many of the MERIK safes are very heavy and unmanageable by most people. We offer the option to upgrade to in-home or in-office delivery service by professional safe movers and installers. This upgraded service will ensure you have placement of your new safe carefully and that it gets where it needs to be without issues. Pricing for in-home delivery services can be calculated by a professional safe installer only by calling us and providing delivery details to us. To do so, please call our of our customer service representatives at 561-334-3778. We are here to assist in any way we can.
Our Upgraded Levels of Service are as follows:
Level 1 - In-home or In-office delivery, up to 1 flight of stairs, 900-pound weight limit, pallet, and carton removal. Call for pricing.
Level 2 - In-home or In-office delivery, ground level, up to 3 steps, 1,500-pound weight limit, pallet, and carton removal. Call for pricing.
Level 3 - Inside Garage delivery, no weight limit, no stairs or steps, no pallet or debris removal. Call for pricing.
Standard Shipping Information
If your order contains two or more items, they may be shipped in multiple boxes on different days due to varying availability. We do not charge for extra shipping for split shipments.
We try our best to ensure that shipping charges for special orders are correctly calculated before you purchase, however, at times, it may not be possible to do so accurately. We reserve the right to notify you after you've purchased an item of any additional shipping or handling charges necessary to deliver your order. If notified of any additional charges, you have the right to modify or cancel your order for a full refund.
Estimated Shipment Times
If your order is received by us before noon, Eastern Time, you can expect items specifically marked “IN STOCK” on the Product Order Pages to ship the same day or within 1 to 2 business days of your order.
Where can I have my order shipped?
We ship anywhere within the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. If you have an APO/FPO/DPO* address, call us to place your order and obtain a custom shipping quote. We do not ship outside the United States and Canada unless special arrangements are made and additional shipping costs are added to your invoice and prepaid (as noted above).
* Please note that anything marked Freight (LTL) cannot be shipped to an APO/FPO/DPO address since LTL carriers cannot deliver to these addresses and the items are too large to be shipped via USPS/MPS.
Shipping and Order Confirmations
Shortly after you have placed an order, you will receive an email confirming or acknowledging that we have received your order. You'll receive a second email when your order has shipped. Please save these email invoices for your records.
On occasion, an item(s) may be backordered.
If you order more than one item, we will do our best to send available items together. If only some of the items in your order are available we reserve the right to ship you multiple packages. If we ship your order in multiple packages, you will NOT incur any additional shipping charges.
In the unlikely event, we are unable to ship your order complete, we reserve the right to ship the stock we have and backorder the items we're unable to ship. You will be notified via email of the estimated delivery date for your backordered item(s), and you will NOT be charged additional freight charges for backordered items. Should you wish, you may cancel any backordered item and receive a refund.
Return and Refund Policy
If you purchase a safe or vault from MERIK Safe and are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can either return your order for a refund or exchange it for another product. We urge our customers to double check their orders before check out and even phone or email one of our safe and vault professionals with questions, but when necessary we do have a 15-day return policy on all in-stock products. Please notify a MERIK customer service representative either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 561-334-3778 of your return to receive a Return Authorization Number and the correct location to send the item that you wish to return. All return shipping costs to be borne by the customer. No returns will be accepted without a Certified Return Authorization Number. Any attempted returns received without a Certified Return Authorization Number will be immediately refused. All liabilities and additional incurred shipping costs will be the customer’s responsibility. MERIK Safe will not be responsible for lost or damaged products during transit in such cases where a Certified Return Authorization Number is not identified, issued, or previously authorized.
A printed copy of your email order confirmation, or proof of purchase receipt, or invoice and a physical copy of delivery Proof of Delivery, as well as a photograph of the safe or vault, is required for all correspondence on all Warranty, Exchange and/or Return Requests. Any shipment damage claim(s) must document irregularity or issue on the original delivery Proof of Delivery Document (POD: Poof of Delivery) for them to be submitted for review and must be within 15 days of the original purchase. A valid serial number will be required with all correspondence as well.
- It is required that the item to be returned is brand new, in its original condition and in the original packaging. Instructions must be included. If you throw away the packaging, MERIK Safe will not be held responsible for any packaging costs incurred by the buyer to return the product back to us.
- Customers are responsible for all freight charges and a 15% restocking fee. Once the returned item has been received and inspected you will receive a credit for the total of your purchase minus the freight charges, as determined by MERIK Safe, and the restocking fees.
Please Note: Unfortunately we can not accept returns on custom manufactured items such as gun safes and gun vaults because they are custom made to your requirements. If the item you are purchasing requires manufacturing specific to your requirements or needs the item is not eligible for our 15-day return policy or subject to cancelation after the order has been placed.
In the case of safes, vaults, and products delivered by truck, all products must be physically inspected BEFORE your signature is provided upon delivery. Any safes, vaults and/or products delivered, signed for and/or accepted becomes your responsibility for return or exchange.
Refund Policy: All refund payments will be issued through the customer's original form of purchase.
Refusal of a Shipment
Damaged Product Policy
Gun Safe Features and Specifications Explained
Below find explanations of the features and specifications found in all MERIK Gun Safes and Gun Vaults:
- Advanced Fire Protection - Fire resistant safes should have a minimum of a 1-hour fire rating. The typical home fire burns in the 1200 degree Fahrenheit temperature range. If the rating is 90 minutes, then the interior of the safe should remain lower than 350 degrees for at least 90 minutes. This is important because paper chars at 350° and burns at 450°.
- Door Plate Steel Thickness - This is the inner steel plate encased in the door. It is clear that a high-quality gun safe or vault with a heavier gauge layer of steel encased in the door will be significantly more difficult to attack with hand tools, saws and drills.
- Door Edge Steel Thickness - This is the steel edge of the safe door that has a continuous weld for increased strength that is directly adjacent to the door jamb. This tends to be one of the first parts of the safe to be attacked. They are usually attacked with single or multiple pry bars. BOTH the door edge and door jamb should be a thicker steel gauge. They work in conjunction with each other. The thicker the steel gauge the greater the protection realized.
- Steel Reinforced Door Jamb - All Merik gun safes and vaults have the door jambs reinforced with additional steel bars that are attached to the door jamb with a continuous weld. They work in harmony with each other to prevent prying attacks.
- Exterior Wall Steel Thickness - Many big box stores, mass merchandisers and online discount stores tend to feature safes having exterior wall steel thicknesses from 12 gauge to 20 gauge. We know these steel gauges are inadequate to stand up to a sustained attack. We won't even categorize a 12 gauge to 20 gauge product a "safe"... we consider this a "cabinet" ...that may keep your handguns out of your children's hands, but will not deter a burglar for more than just a few minutes. Far better options are safes having an exterior wall thickness between 10 gauge and 3 gauge.
NOTE: The higher the gauge number of the steel, the thinner the steel.The lower the gauge number, the thicker the steel.More steel ALWAYS equals more security.
- Interior Liner Steel Thickness - This is the SECONDARY layer of steel inside the safe. The interior steel liner thickness varies from safe model to model. There are multiple purposes for the inner steel liner. The liner prevents movement of insulation board during a fire. The interior liner is an additional deterrent… if a burglar is successful drilling through the outer steel wall he will be faced with another steel layer to deal with. Additionally, gaining access to the inner steel liner is difficult at best. Because time is of the essence before a homeowner returns or the police arrive when an alarm system is triggered, we feel interior steel liners are vitally important and are furnished as standard equipment in all MERIK gun safes and gun vaults. The interior steel liner creates a "Safe within a Safe."
- Velcro friendly Carpeted back Door Panel - Properly organizing your pistols, knives, and your valued possessions on your door are vital especially when you need quick access. Our velcro friendly door panel is furnished movable velcro friendly holsters so you can arrange your weapons so they are convenient and easily accessed by you.
- Pre-cut Anchor Holes and Wedge Bolts - All MERIK gun safes and gun vaults are provided with 6 pre-cut anchor holes and 6 wedge bolts to securely fasten your safe or vault to the floor. Burglars have been known to tip a safe over if not secured to the floor. They do this to gain better leverage in attempting to compromise the safe door with heavy duty pry bars and sledgehammers. If a burglar comes prepared with the tools and the equipment to take a safe with them and break it open in their own environment where they have hand tools, saws, drills, no distractions, an unlimited amount of time and a place where they can make as much noise as they need to without alerting anyone...then you know it is probably an "inside job".
- Intumescent Seal - What is it? It is a seal (or strip) that is installed completely around the inner part of the door jamb, that when exposed to heat from a fire the seal's thermoplastic covering melts and the underlying material within the seal expands (like foam) creating a barrier to prevent heat and smoke from entering the safe or vault and damaging or destroying the contents within the safe.
- Heavy-duty Welded Hinges - Many safe manufacturers advise that hidden hinges are just as good as exposed surface mounted welded hinges. This is incorrect. Hidden internal hinges may cause "hot spots" if insulation is removed to accommodate the installation of the hidden internal hinges. Exterior surface mounted welded hinges eliminate the possibility of creating hot spots inside the safe. Most hidden internal hinges are also susceptible to damage simply by quickly opening the door to its limit which is usually 110 degrees. Not being able to completely open the safe door often blocks access to some of the items stored in your safe on the same side as the hinges. Exterior surface mounted welded hinges provide 180-degree clear access to the items stored in the safe, and allows for easy removal of the door when moving or servicing the safe, if ever necessary.
- Bolt-Detent System - This is a protective system that helps prevent the bolt works or the outer shell of the gun safe from becoming damaged while the door is open. It protects the finish of the safe from being damaged if the bolts are accidentally extended while the door is open.
- Anti-pry Tabs resist pry attacks to locking bolts - These tabs are welded to the top and bottom of the bolt-bars brackets within the safe door. They provide additional resistance during a prying attack.
- Fully Continuous Welded Steel Body - Many mass merchandisers market safes having bodies and doors that are only "Tack" or "Spot" welded together, making the safe much easier to compromise (break open) with common hand tools. This practice is generally undisclosed to the consumer. Continuous welding creates a significantly stronger safe body and door construction because each plate of steel is welded together with one solid welded bead at each seam to join each plate, effectively making them one solid plate.
- Triple 10 Gauge AR500 Hard Plates placed in front of the lock to resist drilling of the lock or punching the lock. The three layers of hard plates dull the drill bits, thus deterring access to the lock.
- Dual Relockers - also known as Mechanical Relockers - A mechanical relocker is an internally mounted mechanism located inside the door that is provided as a secondary protective system. A Remote relocker works in conjunction with the primary relocker mechanism. It triggers a self-contained bolt within the door making the door virtually impossible to open.
- Interior LED Lights - LED lights are bright white lights that use less power and have been proven to be a more reliable source of light than other available lighting options. MERIK LED lights also come standard with motion sensors so the lights turn on and off automatically when the safe door is opened or closed.
- AC Power Supply Outlets with USB Ports - One of the most convenient features in a MERIK gun safe and vault. Most gun safe manufacturers provide a small hole in the back of their safe to run a power cord to either a light strip or a dehumidifier. You may even need to move the safe to run the wire into the safe. MERIK provides the AC Power Supply Outlets and USB Ports pre-installed within each safe. Just plug the power supply cord in, set your safe in place, bolt it securely to the floor... and you are good to go.
- Dehumidifier - Moisture causes corrosion. Storing firearms, important documents, memorabilia, and paper currency in a damp environment run a high risk of experiencing serious damage to your stored items. All MERIK gun safes and gun vaults are furnished with a dehumidifier as standard equipment.
MERIK LIMITED LIFETIME GUN SAFE WARRANTY
MERIK offers an industry leading gun safe warranty that includes a lifetime replacement promise to our customers. Additionally, we offer a superior level of customer service. We take pride in the quality, design, durability, and reliability of our gun safes. Since we believe your choice of a MERIK gun safe is a permanent one, we are proud to offer lifetime protection to the original purchaser from the date of delivery for your investment to give you peace of mind.
What does a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" mean to you?
It means your gun safe is warranted against:
- Lifetime defects to materials and workmanship
- Lifetime damage from an unlawful break-in and unlawfully attempted break-in
- Lifetime damage from a home fire to homeowner's safe
- the opening of the damaged gun safe
- Lock Warranty: Mechanical Lock 5 years, Electronic Lock 2 years
- a replacement safe of equal value, if beyond repair
If any of these unfortunate events occur MERIK will repair or replace any defective or damaged part or replace the gun safe completely with another safe of equal or greater value, as long as the original proper purchase documentation is provided, the gun safe is registered at the time of purchase and owner provides proof of Homeowner's Insurance and that the gun safe is not covered by such policy. Whenever possible, the safe will be repaired locally. If your MERIK gun safe needs to be replaced, we will require that the old safe is returned to the MERIK Safe distribution center, or to a location designated by MERIK Safe, for evaluation, with freight expense prepaid and borne by the original purchaser along with the report made by the investigating agency. The responsibility of MERIK Safe is limited to the repair of the defective part or a replacement gun safe. In no case shall MERIK be held liable for damages caused by inconvenience, loss of use, damage/loss of contents, or any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise. In no event shall MERIK Safe's liability exceed the original cost of the gun safe or gun vault.* The repaired or replacement gun safe or gun vault will be shipped back to the purchaser freight collect.
MERIK will repair or replace, at MERIK's option, any gun safe due to incidental damage as a result of damage to the gun safe due to a home fire. MERIK is not responsible for the contents stored within your gun safe or gun vault. Contents are excluded from the MERIK Warranty.
If you purchase a MERIK gun safe, your lifetime repair or replacement promise will give you peace of mind that your investment is well-protected against defects, unlawfully attempted break-ins, and fire. At MERIK, we’re proud to honor our customers with this lifetime repair or replacement and brand promise, because we truly care about our customers before, during, and after the purchase of a MERIK gun safe.
*MERIK shall only be liable when the gun safe is used in accordance with those directions specified in the manufacturer’s instructions.
This warranty shall not apply to any gun safe or vault or parts:
- modified without the consent of MERIK Safe
- that has been misused or abused, as determined by MERIK
- that have any damage from shipment
- that have been repaired or attempted to be repaired by anyone other than a MERIK Authorized Dealer
- that have been altered or whose serial number has been defaced, modified or removed
- whose combination lock or electronic lock has been changed without MERIK's authorization
- that have normal wear, scratches to painted surfaces, battery replacement or periodic maintenance.
Please also note: Since different computer screens may have different depictions of colors, there may be slight variations of color.
MERIK specifically disavows any other representations, warranty, or liabilities related to the conditions or use of the gun safe.