Limited Warranty for MERIK Safes
We take pride in the quality, design, durability, and reliability of our safes. We believe your choice of a Merik Security, Inc. ("MERIK") safe is long-lasting. Therefore, MERIK is proud to offer a limited safe protection plan for the original consumer purchaser ("Purchaser") within the continental United States.
What does a MERIK's Limited Warranty mean for you?
It means your safe is warranted against:
|Gun Safes: Mustang, Polaris, Apollo, Odyssey, Matrix, Nova, and Portal series||Lifetime damage due to unlawful break-in.*|
|Gun Safes: Mustang, Polaris, Apollo, Odyssey, Matrix, Nova, and Portal series||Lifetime damage due to home fire.*|
|All Safes and Factory Installed Parts||Defects in parts for one (1) year from date of purchase.|
Mechanical Lock Warranty (factory installed)
|Five (5) years from date of purchase.|
|Electronic Lock Warranty (factory installed)||Two (2) years from date of purchase.|
the opening and repair of the damaged safe or
a FREE replacement safe of like size and type, if beyond repair
* Applies solely to safes in residential use. MERIK will either repair or replace, in its sole choice, safes damaged due to fire or an unlawful break-in upon proof of the homeowner’s insurance policy’s denial of such coverage. Additionally, to qualify for repair or replacement, the Purchaser must provide the original purchase documentation and register the safe with MERIK within thirty (30) days of purchase. Proof, in the form of a police or fire department report, shall be required prior to MERIK’s repair or replacement. In the event of replacement, MERIK will replace with another safe of like size and type. Repair does not include the lock, painted, and/or metal surfaces of the safe. When possible, the safe will be repaired locally. If necessary, MERIK may require the safe returned to the MERIK distribution center, or to a location designated by MERIK, for evaluation. In no event shall MERIK be liable for damages caused by inconvenience, loss of use, damage to contents, loss of contents, loss of profits, loss of savings or any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise, cost of any substitute equipment, facilities or services, downtime, the claims of third parties including customers, and injury to property upon breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict tort, or any other legal theory. In no event shall MERIK's liability exceed the original cost of the safe. The repaired or replacement safe will be shipped back to the Purchaser. Some states do not permit limitations on warranties or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. Therefore, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty provides specific rights. You may have other rights based on your state of residence.
In the event of a defect in either material or workmanship during the Purchaser's warranty period, MERIK will either repair or replace the Purchaser's safe at no cost to the Purchaser.
MERIK is not responsible for the contents stored within the safe. Contents and normal safe interior wear and tear are excluded from any warranty. For any warranty coverage, the safe must be used in accordance with the directions specified in the manufacturer’s instructions. No warranty shall apply for safes and/or parts that have damage, deterioration, or malfunction resulting from:
- modification to safe without the prior written consent of MERIK;
- misuse or abuse of the safe, electronic lock or mechanical lock as determined in MERIK’s sole discretion;
- damage from moving, relocation, or shipment of the safe;
- repair or attempted repair by anyone other than an authorized representative of MERIK or qualified locksmith or safe technician, as determined in MERIK’s sole discretion;
- the alteration, defacement, modification, or removal of serial number;
- a combination lock or electronic lock that has been changed without MERIK's prior written authorization; or
- normal wear and tear, scratches to exterior surfaces, painted surfaces, lack of periodic maintenance, neglect, water damage, tampering, mishandling, misuse, or abuse, as determined in MERIK’s sole discretion.
- Purchaser’s name and address;
- Proper identification for verification of ownership (e.g. current driver license);
- Proof of purchase (copy of original purchase receipt);
- Serial number and model number of the safe;
- Copy of Warranty Registration Form;
- Product description and explanation of the issue;
- Photos or videos of the evidencing the issue;
- Police or fire department report (for unlawful break-in or home fire); and
- Denial by homeowners insurance policy (for unlawful break-in or home fire).