MERIK JAVELIN BF2 Series Fire, Burglar & Water Resistant Gun Safes
Construction that exceeds U.L. RSC Standards
MERIK puts the steel back in gun safes. MERIK manufactures "REAL GUN SAFES" not glorified "gun cabinets” that are widely sold as “gun safes” throughout the security industry, online retailers and in big box stores. MERIK builds safes up to higher standards, many of which were removed by many other manufacturers in order to sell down to a low price point, rendering most safes ineffective against a tool attack. Our specifications and features speak for themselves. We designed the Javelin Gun Safe Series to offer superb burglary, fire and water resistance, while providing multiple interior configurations to suit most any storage requirement. Its traditional design is appointed with a sleek stainless steel escutcheon plate having in integrated pull handle that is suitable for most any contemporary decor.
- Fire Protection: 120 Minutes at 1600°F. (Achieved with Proprietary 'Secure/Insulated' Cement Fill encased between layers of steel in Walls, Ceiling, Floor and Door)
- Construction exceeds UL-RSC Standards (Underwriters Laboratories - Residential Security Container).
- Safe Door Construction: 1/2" Thick Exterior Steel Door Plate + Proprietary 'Secure/Insulated' Cement Filled Door + 1/4" Inner Steel Door Construction
- Safe Body Construction: 1/4" Exterior Steel Body + Proprietary 'Secure/Insulated' Cement Filled Body + 1/4" Inner Steel Security Liner - Creating a "Safe within a Safe"
- 8-Way Bolt Work - 1-3/4" Diameter Active Bolts - Horizontal, Vertical and 4 Corners
- MERIK JAVELIN BF2 Gun Safe is available in the following sizes:
- 63’’h x 26”w x 27’’d - 18 active locking bolts (will hold up to 18 guns)
- 63’’h x 31”w x 27’’d - 20 active locking bolts (will hold up to 26 guns)
- 68’’h x 37”w x 27’’d - 20 active locking bolts (will hold up to 44 guns)
- 73’’h x 41”w x 27’’d - 22 active locking bolts (will hold up to 52 guns)
- 73’’h x 51”w x 28’’d - 22 active locking bolts (will hold up to 68 guns)
- 73’’h x 61”w x 28’’d - 22 active locking bolts (will hold up to 76 guns)
Waterproof vs. Water Resistant
Waterproof Safe... Can a safe really be waterproof? We are often asked that question. We say NO safes are absolutely waterproof. Many manufacturers, big box stores, and even safe dealers may represent their products as waterproof. We prefer stating our Javelin line of safes are water resistant. Our Javelin series gun safes were factory tested by submerging the safe in 24" of water for 168 hours, and checked to make certain the humidity inside safes did not exceed 10%, complying with international standards. They passed the tests.
You never know if the safe owner accidentally gets something caught between the safe door and the door seal, or if one of the holes in the back of the safe to provide access for a dehumidifier, an electrical
A water resistant gun safe protects your valuables in the event of a flood or natural disaster. You should probably use a water resistant safe wherever you store valuable items, whether in your home, or office. Several circumstances where water resistant gun safes are of absolute importance may include a hurricane causing flooding, fire and/or climates prone to high humidity. If you are considering purchasing a gun safe and live or work in a city, suburban location or in a rural area that may be prone to such issues, using a water resistant safe is probably the best protection for your valuables. It can protect your firearms, important documents, cash, coins, precious metals, jewelry, or even irreplaceable family heirlooms.
We are here to take the mystery out of making a gun safe selection! Call us.
We want you to know we are available to answer any questions you may have. We challenge you to make the comparison!